Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I think I figured it out!

So my last post talked about my search for moisture for my seemingly EVER-thirsty strands.  Well, I think I've figured out a moisture regimen that actually works for my hair.  I have been using Oyin Handmade products for a few months now, specifically their Honey Hemp Conditioner.  This conditioner is in a word, AWESOME!!  I love it and most importantly, my hair loves it.  The ingredients are all natural, the consistency is creamy and leaves my hair feeling oh-so-soft.  I've been using this to co-wash and one day while reading the list of ingredients to my sister I realized it can also be used as a leave-in.  I thought "hmmmm". 
I also use the Kinky-Curly Knot Today leave-in in my daughter's hair.  My daughter's hair is extremely thick and seems to swell when wet.  While her hair is not coarse, it tangles mercilessly leaving us with a painful detangling session with her asking me "mommy, why do you always hurt me?" while I'm detangling.  The Knot Today has been a life-saver on her weekly wash days as it has really great "slip" allowing the comb to literally glide through her hair.  I swear it has shaved a good 30 minutes off of my daughter's hair washing session.  One day I tried Knot Today in my own hair and thought it was okay but after my hair dried, my hair felt a little stiff so I figured I'd leave it alone or use it with a creamy moisturizer whenever I found one that did the trick.
Last week I decided to combine the two after my shower and it worked so well, I've been doing it every day.  So here's my new daily regimen:

*co-wash with Honey-Hemp conditioner
*while hair is damp add small amount of  Knot Today
*add small amount of Honey-Hemp as a leave-in
*seal with organic coconut oil

My hair is unbeliveably soft and remains that way even after it dries!! Holy cow!  I've finally found a way to keep my hair moisturized!!

No comments:

Post a Comment